Full course description
Location 7th Floor STC 7030
Full Schedule Tuesday on 12/13/2022 from (9:00 AM to 11:30 AM) EST
Facilitator Shirley B. Smith, MA - University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine
Attracting diverse talent is critical to an organization's success that relies on its human capital to interface with customers and drive revenue. To fully actualize the potential of a generational, gender, culturally diverse team requires a nuanced set of skills. In this training, participants will focus on the interconnectedness of emotional intelligence and human resource management.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Recognize diversity and inclusion are vital component of talent management.
- Recognize that bias is an understandable characteristic of all people and thus forgivable in ourselves.
- Describe how leaders can interrupt bias on their teams.
- Identify networking opportunities within and outside the organization
- Identify the importance of Emotional Self-Awareness to reveal bias triggers.
- Identify effective responses to unconscious bias in ourselves and other people.