Full course description
Location Live Online
Full Schedule Every week on Thursday, starting on 5/20/2021 and ending on 6/3/2021
|Thuesday:||May 20, 2021||(3:00 PM - 6:00 PM) EST|
|Thursday:||May 27, 2021||(3:00 PM - 6:30 PM) EST|
|Thursday:||June 3, 2021||(3:00 PM - 6:00 PM) EST|
Facilitator Janet Krawczyk
The virtual edition of Crucial Conversations is a three-session course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue when there are opposing opinions, strong emotions, and high stakes. Crucial Conversations can help healthcare professionals communicate effectively in difficult situations with physicians, team members, patients, and family members. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), participants will begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on their decisions with unity and commitment. Participants must attend all three days for credit.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify conversations that, if addressed successfully, could get employees "unstuck," and increase workplace efficiency.
- Practice staying focused on what you really want.
- Examine how the "mastering my stories" concept contributes toward more effective communication.
- Identify ways that "state your path" concept can increase workplace efficiency and teamwork.
- Learn how to identify when others are not in dialogue so you can move them back to dialogue.
- Explain how "making it safe" contributes to more efficient and inclusive conversations with coworkers, leaders and customers/patients.
- Learn how to help others express their ideas and emotions in a positive way that creates open dialogue and leads to healthy resolutions.
- Practice using all nine steps of the Model together.